Friday, April 24, 2015

Project Proposal

For my final linguistics project I would like to combine the two topics concerning "English and Empire" and "American English", to focus on my main argument regarding Colonization and Its Effects on Language.  I might also explore the concept of dead languages and how colonization played a role in the extinction of native tongues.  The medium in which I wish to present my project would be in the form of a Prezi, where I could convey any supplemental elements including images or short video clips to assist in explaining my findings.

Here are some of the sources I have looked into using:

Scholaraly Articles & Interviews:

"British Colonialism and Its Linguistc Consequences" by Walid M. Rihane
"I'm a Victim of Linguistc Colonialism" by Chinua Ahcebe
"Colonization, Globalization, and the Future of Languages in the Twenty First Century" by Salikoko Mufwene











1 comment:

  1. Fascinating topic and some great sources here. I look forward to your final project.

    ReplyDelete